Sunday, September 26, 2010

My new laptop

A couple of weeks ago I was ordering a new laptop for a customer of mine. It was the DELL Vostro 3500 which I've been supplying for a while as a good quality, solid professional laptop with fine performance and all the latest technology features.

As I was ordering, I noticed that a slightly better specced version was available for a few pounds extra; the CPU Intel i5-430 was 20% better with 3Gb DDR3 memory (50% better) and a 320Gb 7,200rpm hard disk drive (30% better). Together with Bluetooth and Wireless N connectivity plus fingerprint recognition. As I ordered it DELL offered a second one for just 50% of the first. Great deal, so the price was £292 including VAT and delivery.

I figured that this was a great replacement for my old 5-year old DELL laptop which I should be able to sell for about £100 as it still offers responsive performance with Windows XP and a one and a half hour battery life.

Needless to say my new DELL laptop is superb and I'd recommend it to anyone!

No comments: