Sunday, September 26, 2010

Civilisation 5


I pre-ordered the latest Sid Meier's Civilization V (or Civilisation 5) from GAME for just £25. I've been a great fan of this turn-based strategy game for many years and was eager to play the latest graphically intense version.


It arrived a day before the official release date in Europe and frustratingly wouldn't authorise via Steam. I waited until midnight but it still wouldn't work. However the next morning it was fine. Unfortunately, no nice paperback manual with this version just an electronic file, so I've ordered the strategy guide from Amazon for an extra £9.

Having spent many hours this weekend with it, I'm happy to report it was well worth the wait. In fact the gameplay is smoother and more intuitive than previous versions and the addiction levels are even higher. A classic game redone to be even better.

No comments: