Monday, October 19, 2009

My real Microsoft Windows 7 arrived early!

The two copies of the genuine full version of Microsoft's new Windows 7 Home Premium that I pre-ordered from PCworld for just £45 each, arrived this morning! Three days early.

I certainly didn't expect them so soon as there is a threatened postal strike later this week and they were scheduled by Royal Mail, I expected them mid next week, if I was lucky!

I immediately opened one of the packages to see what was inside, and then to install the 64bit version on my chosen Windows 7 system:
- Chieftec Mesh case with 350W power supply
- Asus P5KPL-AM motherboard
- Intel's latest Pentium E6300 CPU overclocked to 3.2Ghz
- 4Gb Crucial PC6400 memory
- 500Gb Seagate 7200.12 SATA hard disk drive
- PNY nVidia GeForce 9600GT 512Mb DDR3 grahpics card
- DVD writer and DVD-ROM

Installation was a breeze with everything detected and working. I'll report what happens after a few days.

No comments: