Saturday, November 1, 2008

I've started Far Cry 2

One of my favorite FPS (First Person Shooter) in the last five years has been Far Cry, so I was eager to try the sequel. I enjoyed the original for the graphics, the atmosphere and the believability of the game.


The magazine and online reviews of the Far Cry 2 were positive, so I purchased the game online last week. I was amazed at the graphics, even from the opening sequence. The atmosphere and the action from the start seemed superb, as was the freeform nature of the game. However, it wasn't till a couple of hours later that I realised that I was just playing the training portion of the game. Having been let off the hook so to speak, it develops into a much deeper a certainly less scripted adventure. The time effects of night, dawn, day and dusk are new for me as is finding a safe house to sleep.

I'm addicted already and eagerly looking forward to many months of amazement and excitement.

No comments: