Thursday, September 25, 2008

HL2: Episode Two

So that's it. I've finished it. Half Life 2: Episode Two. Not bad for a Christmas present from my son. Nine months to the day to complete the journey to White Forest base. And I still didn't want it to end. Hopefully Episode Three will come out soon.

No more Combine to kill. No more vast landscape vistas to admire and wonder at. No more heart pumping moments. Admittedly I got stuck a few times and left it for a while, only to be drawn back to see if I could go a little further. My all time favourite game has been completed again. The final battle with the Striders was awesome, but would obviously lead to the end of this episode.

There were so many places that required a little extra thought or strategy to proceed and then a little bit of luck just to go a bit further. Sections where nothing challenging was happening but were part of the plot to be led into a trap that was sprung and had to be conquered and then an escape onwards to new discoveries.

I've enjoyed Team Fortress 2 as well and will start Portal now.

No comments: