Tuesday, July 22, 2008

More screen real estate

I decided to purchase a new monitor to go with my new graphics card (see last month's post). My DELL 19" standard aspect screen was nice, but with the prices of the 22" widescreen models dropping to the £150 mark, it was too tempting. The reviews (Pcpro and online) indicated that the DELL 22" E228WFP Widescreen LCD Black Flat Panel Monitor was a wise choice even when priced much higher.

Anyway it arrived yesterday and a small monitor shuffle took place and the loser was an old DELL 15" LCD that I used of my test system (already sold for £50). The new monitor is impressive and I don't notice any decrease in frame rates when playing games even though it must me moving more pixels around. The big difference is the increase in screen real estate! The Windows Sidebar is now really off to the side and my two columns of desktop items seem almost lost on the left hand side. Great display too,

No comments: