Sunday, August 10, 2014

Outlook 2010 the best

After many years of using Office 2003, I had an opportunity to upgrade the Outlook component to the 2010 version. This is on my main PC, a DELL Vostro 430 with Intel i5 750 Quad core, 4Gb RAM and a 320GB hard drive. Generally I don't change the software or hardware on this system much and it is well protected and regularly backed up. It has all my emails, bookeeping, documents and photos on it.

I must admit that I'm impressed with this Outlook 2010 version. It upgraded easily from the older version and I'm now used to the 'new' ribbon interface and been able to customise it and added my useful buttons to it. I also like the small conversation view at the bottom of the window. I've installed the latest Outlook 2013 version many times now on customer's systems and it seems to be not as good as its predecessor.

It has taken me a while to upgrade but I'm glad that I did so.

No comments: