Saturday, April 13, 2013

Age of Empires Online

It is funny that when you return to play a game again, you often enjoy it more. I played Microsoft's Age of Empire Online game for free when it first came out, did a few quests and became bored and moved on.
I played all the original Age of Empires and Mythology games and enjoyed them.

I was cleaning out my games testing PC and tried to update AOEO but it failed with file corruption problems. I then read that Microsoft had rewarded all the original players with 500 Empire Points. So, I decided to re-install the game on my main gaming PC and reactivate my account and play some more. I enjoyed it as a change from the First Person Shooter games that I've been playing recently.

I built a bigger capital city (MadDadium) and was able to win a couple of the quests that had been stalling me by spending some of those Empire Points on improvements and upgrades. I was enjoying it so much that I spent some real money on more Empire Points to upgrade to the Premium Greek civilisation and unlock more enhancements. It is a fun game to play and though I haven't yet played with other people I might as I progress further. Well done Microsoft, you got me! It seems a pity that it is not being developed further.

No comments: